Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Welcome!

Dear Friends,

Welcome to the new District 8 blog! I am the elected representative for City Council District 8, and I have served my constituency and the city of Atlanta since January 1990. I have served on all committees of the City Council at various times over the years, but currently serve as Chair of the Transportation Committee and as a member of the Finance/Executive Committee and the City Utilities Committee. I am currently the City Council-elected member of the Atlanta Regional Commission’s Board, and as a board member I am on the Environmental and Land Use Committee and the Legislative Agenda Committee. Also, I serve on the Chattahoochee Basin Advisory Committee through the Georgia Water Council and on the Atlanta/Fulton County Water Resources Commission—all of which involve dealing with various issues on a regional level.

In addition to my work on City Council, I have previously served as Chair of the Atlanta/Fulton County Water Resources Commission, Chair of the Georgia Municipal Association’s Environment and Natural Resources Policy Committee, on the Advisory Board of the Georgia Water Campaign, and on the National League of Cities’ Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Steering Committee.

I hope you will find my blog to be helpful and informative. I will be updating it periodically with information that I believe is important to my constituency and the citizens of Atlanta. Again, thank you for visiting my blog. I look forward to hearing from you in the future, should you have a problem, concern, or any ideas you would like to share with me.

Best Regards,

Clair M. Muller

No comments: